8*42 or 4*24 POSP scope?

I went to the range for the first time with my new Saiga. I had a blast! The sights are a little hard to work (without proper tools) and it does not seem that this style sight could be very accurate. So I think I will just buy a scope.

Now I know that I will not be doing much shooting beyond 300 yards with my Saiga, but if the price is very similar or if its the same price but the 8*42 is used, which one should I get?

Is 8 times zoom too much for 50 yards?

What would you do?

Thank you.

I went to the range for the first time with my new Saiga. I had a blast! The sights are a little hard to work (without proper tools) and it does not seem that this style sight could be very accurate. So I think I will just buy a scope.

Now I know that I will not be doing much shooting beyond 300 yards with my Saiga, but if the price is very similar or if its the same price but the 8*42 is used, which one should I get?

Is 8 times zoom too much for 50 yards?

What would you do?

Thank you.

Go for the 8. I own one and its perfect from 50-150 yards. (You wont get <moa at 100 yards, but pretty close). For me, the 4 made zero difference from the iron sights...