308 Pistol grip conversion

I have a saiga 308, and I was wanting to take the sporting stock off and replace it with a pistol grip stock. I have been to the site www.cross-conn.com. That site is very helpful but it seems to be a little more on the side of intermediate gunsmith. So can you just unscrew the sporting stock and replace it with a pistol grip and stock combination. If so what site offers this product and if anyone wants to put there two cents in on what would be the easiet way and how to do it FEEL FREE. Thanks

CrazyGunGuy,

Welcome to the board!

Converting any of the saigas will require some research on 922r issues in order for the conversion to be legal. Basically, you have to replace other parts on the weapon before you can install a pistol grip. There is an entire section devoted to it so check it out before you shop for parts.

However if you get the skeleton stock for the .308 you can get a pseudo-pistol grip without running into 922r issues because it already comes imported that way.