Researching Soviet/Russian Small Arms

Hey All,

I posted this also at the Kalashnikov.guns site, but thought I'd ask here as well. I know this might seem like an odd question, but I'm doing some research on Soviet Space programs of the Cold War. Does anyone know of any attempts to adapt or develop small arms designs (rifles, pistols, or shotguns) for use by Soviet military forces in a space environment (vacuum, radiation, heat, etc) Thanks.

Thanks. My avatar was from an early post here about what could be done to a Saiga-12. I'm still considering a thumbhole stock conversion to a Saiga-12, but the legal debate seems to continue. I may write to the ATF myself if nothing definitive comes up.

Edited by fixerbob
  • 1 month later...

The commercial sporter VEPR is not made by Izhmash. The VEPR is produced by Molot. It is made on an RPK receiver and seems to be a heavy duty Kalashnikov rifle. Many claim it is more accurate than the other Kalashnikov rifles and has a better finish.

swm

• 2 months later...
$100K and 2 years down the road - what do we get? - a bullpup kit that does not even look close to be as good as the American version (that has been around for how many years????)

MAKC the pic you show of the American bullpup AK is not. It is a Japaneese Tokyo Mauri AK AIRSOFT gun with a conversion kit.

(It is in fact more expesive than any saiga, or SAR type firearm)