Thickness of gas tube?

im going to install a meprolight shotgun night sight on the saiga..goin grind off the front bead sight, drill and tap...can anybody mic out the gas tube thickness nearest the front site bead so i do not drill into the gas tube...and or has anybody done this before..i think the lowly 25bux meprolight night shotgun sight should just work and make a nice addition to this shotgun...

im going to install a meprolight shotgun night sight on the saiga..goin grind off the front bead sight, drill and tap...can anybody mic out the gas tube thickness nearest the front site bead so i do not drill into the gas tube...and or has anybody done this before..i think the lowly 25bux meprolight night shotgun sight should just work and make a nice addition to this shotgun...

If you grind off the front sight, the base of it may just fall into the gas tube, mine did, leaving a hole completely through (into the gas tube). I guess you would want to drill and tap that for your new sight

Edited by tjschul