MTK-83 Belarus high mount alignment.

post-8846-1229839805_thumb.jpg post-8846-1229839853_thumb.jpg

I have an MTK-83 Belarus high mount on my 308. As you can see, the Weaver mount is not centered over the barrel, but offset towards the left side of the rifle. While I can zero the optics, I would prefer to be better aligned, especially when shooting at targets at other than the zero distance. The optics is a TRUGLO red dot. I'll be buying a ranging scope for it soon.

Has anyone else experienced this, and are there any recommendations for a fix? I like the high mount with the skeleton stock with rotating cheek piece so I can go to iron sights at will. Any recommendations for a better high mount that aligns better? Thanks all!

post-8846-1230163458_thumb.jpgpost-8846-1230163485_thumb.jpg

--U P D A T E--

After lots of research, I think I found the quick-disconnect mount for me. It is made by Leapers (model # MNT-978). I emailed them and asked if their mount actually aligned center-bore. They tied a string to the front post and streched it back over the rear sight and over their mount- it is aligned perfectly. The mount they used in the photo is model # MNT973; it attaches by allen screws instead of quick disconnect, but I trust they align the same. I'm impressed by their response and taking the time to shoot the photos for me.

I also re-thought the high mount vs. low mount options. I liked the high mount for use with the red dot scope for close quarters use- quick and easy target acquisition, but leaving the option for iron sights for long distance. My next scope will be a 4-16X 50mm distance-estimating scope. I'll go with the low mount for that set up; the QD allows me the option to ditch the scope if necessary.

I'll try some garage gunsmithing to align my MTK-83, then I'll have 2 setups: one for squashing bolshevik rebels in my yard, and one for sniping them before they get to my neighborhood!

post-8846-1230163458_thumb.jpgpost-8846-1230163485_thumb.jpg

--U P D A T E--

After lots of research, I think I found the quick-disconnect mount for me. It is made by Leapers (model # MNT-978). I emailed them and asked if their mount actually aligned center-bore. They tied a string to the front post and streched it back over the rear sight and over their mount- it is aligned perfectly. The mount they used in the photo is model # MNT973; it attaches by allen screws instead of quick disconnect, but I trust they align the same. I'm impressed by their response and taking the time to shoot the photos for me.

I also re-thought the high mount vs. low mount options. I liked the high mount for use with the red dot scope for close quarters use- quick and easy target acquisition, but leaving the option for iron sights for long distance. My next scope will be a 4-16X 50mm distance-estimating scope. I'll go with the low mount for that set up; the QD allows me the option to ditch the scope if necessary.

I'll try some garage gunsmithing to align my MTK-83, then I'll have 2 setups: one for squashing bolshevik rebels in my yard, and one for sniping them before they get to my neighborhood!

I have this mount.

Be prepared for some issues. First of all, the mount will completely block the iron sights. Second, the tightening screw assembly is not prefect and you will need to tighten it once in a while as the screw loosens up.

On the positive side, the fitment is perfect. Dont need to readjust the scope after every mount/unmount. It feels strong and solid.

Personally, i wish i bought POS/POSP at the first place.