a tip on swapping a gas piston

Howdy fellers. I just converted one of my Saigas and dropped Dinzags (two-part) compliant Tapco trigger in my other Saiga, over the course of the past six days, and four cases of beer (laid off construction worker, trailer park inhabitant, low/pretty much no bills, lots of free time, later, and figured out a real easy way to keep that new gas piston from possibly backing out, without tapping and threading out the holes ( from some of the things I've read), and driving a pin, or flatting a nail through the carrier, into the piston itself (to stop it from possibly backing out).

I just aimed my flux core welder (110 volt) wire in the 1/8" hole (set welder to burn through 3/16") that I initally drilled out in the dimples of the carrier of both Saigas, and if that SOB ever backs out, I'll kiss all of yer ass'es.

Maybe this is old news. I spent over an hour tryin' to see if anyone else posted this idea in any other thread, but ain't seen it. ( even with drunken' double vision) I initally had my welder out, because of a problem I had with the safety lever not working. For some reason, ( I think I really know why) once the bolt was cocked, both rifles had the ability to fire in the safe position. I took the safety levers out of both rifles, and built up a weld bead, a good 1/8" on the levers closer to the right side (as shouldering the rifle) of the bottom part of the lever that stops the rifle from firing, once the trigger is pulled. A little bit of dremmel grindin', and high heat ceramic paint, Hell, even Dinzag Brian would've been proud!

We'll gents, I gotta drain the lizard, and grab me another brew, so I hope these newly discovered (maybe not by me) tips help some poor haus out! J.D. (FFF Patriot)