I did my conversion last weekend which went fairly smoothly (a minor snag tapping for the bullet guide...but I worked through it with a little help of the search function here).

Then I got to putting the bolt hold open in. While trying to balance everything and push the spring down while pushing the axis pin through, the spring sprung away never to be seen again.

Anyone know where I can get a new spring? I emailed RRA, but they passed me on to saigastock.com who do not show the part on their website, and have not responded to emails. Any ideas on where to pick up a new one? Also any advice to make the BHO installation a bit smoother would be appreciated (I watched the carolina shooter video, but they make it look easier than my install).

Some folks do not reuse the BHO with their conversions so maybe someone on the forum will have one to spare for you. There are several threads on how to (re)install the BHO--use the forum's search function.

And welcome to the forum!

I'd send you mine since I never put the BHO back in, but the determining factor in not putting it in was losing that spring.....

Sounds to be about par for the course. I would just forget about it, but I don't currently have a range to shoot it, and the major reason I was going to put it back in was because I have heard many rifle ranges want to see the action open after cease fire is called. I don't want to have to but one of those silly plastic chamber flag monstrosities to hold the action open if the ranges around are concerned about it.

yeah, someone was telling me about that.... I just don't go to the ranges. luckily there's enough place around here (especially if you head a couple miles north into the mountains) to shoot that I said screw it. If I had the spring, I would've put it in likely.... I actually put the BHO back in and realized it was acting up because I forgot the spring.... then I realized the spring was gone....screw it! lol