Stock S12 Forend Alteration For Rails

Yo,

I have a new S12 and I like the idea of adding a modest picatinny to the bottom of the stock forend with which to attach a vertical grip. I am hesitant to tear into it without some feedback from some of you experienced hacks out there. Since I'm a rookie with the S12, can you tell me from personal experience if you prefer a vertical grip for the shotgun or is the traditional way of holding it more comfortable? Also, any actual cutting, measuring, drilling, grinding, milling, etc. tips would be welcome.

I kinda figured it'd be pretty easy to do. Thanks for the feedback.

i just pulled the forend off drilled the holes from outside then went inside and removed the rib inside back from the holes enough to allow the round bolster nuts to sit flush below the rib and done works good :smoke:

Unless you are going to add a VFG I would consider mounting my rails on the side(s) of the front of the forearm. Having a sharp rasp in the palm of your hand when firing hot 12-guage loads is not as much fun as you might first imagine....