Fair labor charge for internal block folder with pistol grip and G2?

What's a fair price for the labor of installing the internal block (ACE or MSA), a folding stock, pistol grip and G2 trigger?

IN MY DEFENSE (for those who yell "DO IT YOURSELF FOOL!": I just got married--at 37--and we're having twins in 2-4 weeks, but we also just bought a house, so besides working full-time, I'm spending ALL free time working on the house (wiring it, regrading lawn, fixing a nursery, planting a garden, etc.) and driving the wife to all the doctor appts. I would love to do it myself, as I've always liked tinkering, but I don't have time or much money--I actually sold my shotgun and a rifle to fund a Saiga (which will fill both roles as Home Defender and Fun Range Gun). The AR is really just a safe queen--I don't like having a $2000 gun sitting here all day alone (not that the neighborhood is that bad).

If the 7.62x39s are running $349-$369 these days at Classic Arms and Peach State Guns, I figure an Ace 9" folding stock and an ACE or MSA internal receiver PLUS the Tapco G2 single hook trigger and and ergo-, SAW or FAL pistol grip will run me a total of $600 for gun and parts (give or take $25). That said, I was wondering how much the gunsmith-labor should be--without any fancy painting/moly-coating, or welding stuff? I can get around to that someday IF I survive the first year with twins.

Is $125 a fair price for that work (cutting the tang, punching/drilling the pins and moving the trigger, installing the grip, and G2 trigger) or an insult? I've emailed a few dealers/converters but wanted to make sure I wasn't insulting them offering $725 for a very basic 7.62 conversion---my hope was that the fancy stuff and refinishing was adding quite a bit to the price. What thinks ye?

Thanks.

My Gunsmith does my basic conversion for $50.00 and does a superior job. If you call around you can find an eccentric Smith like mine that does it for a fair price. Maybe not $50.00 but certainly under $100.00.

Basic conversion: G2 single, Gas piston. Pistol grip, Stock, Bullet guide, Paint as needed and fully test. I also put on a DPH clip no thread flash hider. Have not decided on a forearm yet, may just vent the stock one and call it done .....

Congratulations on the twins and I can see you have your priorities in the right place .... :up:

Edited by Lakedweller