Saiga 12- K var stock conversion

Im new here and new to the saiga 12...just got mine last week and thought i would like to change the stocks. I ordered a galil handguard and a tapco t6 intrafuse stock. I hate the intrafuse stock. so i was looking for a kvar stock ( AK Buttstock) and have found them on dinzag arms website. How hard are these to install and the Ak pistol grips? thanks for any help

I'm assuming that your Saiga isn't converted. If so, you will have to do a conversion to fit the regular Ak stock and pistol grip. Heres a link to how to do the CONVERSION . Its really not as hard as it seems, and if you're handy with tools you could easily knock it out in a day.

If you bought a converted Saiga though it should be as simple as just a few screws to change those parts outs.

EDIT

Is this the stock you got? If it is, you will need to do the conversion to fit the new parts.

TINSTK07160Blg.jpg

Edited by Tx1021

I'm assuming that your Saiga isn't converted. If so, you will have to do a conversion to fit the regular Ak stock and pistol grip. Heres a link to how to do the CONVERSION . Its really not as hard as it seems, and if you're handy with tools you could easily knock it out in a day.

If you bought a converted Saiga though it should be as simple as just a few screws to change those parts outs.

EDIT

Is this the stock you got? If it is, you will need to do the conversion to fit the new parts.

TINSTK07160Blg.jpg

thats the one (tapco) but i also got a kvar stock and pistol grip that i like better..are they easier to install or same thing?

thanks,

Youre gonna have to convert to the original Saiga configuration to use those parts, ie: grind off the original trigger gaurd, get a whole new fire control group etc. etc. Theres alot of info here on what parts you need for a conversion and how to do it if you decide to go that route. If you dont want to do it yourself there are plenty of great shops that sponsor the board that can do it for you. Id start by reading that link I posted and go from there.

Heres a parts list of what i used for my conversion for reference if it helps

- Tapco g2 single hook FCG

- Tapco Intrafuse handgaurd

- Tapco Saw style grip

- Tapco AK Buttstock for stamped revivers

- Tapco Fusion vertical grip

- Tromix DIY trigger guard

You obviously have the pistol grip and stock so youd just need a new Fire control group (FCG) and trigger guard.

Hope that helps