Well...just damn!!

Snapped the bolt on the Galil handguard last night. Called TAPCO, they're sending me another.

What does anyone think of drilling out the threaded part on the guard to the same size as the unthreaded side, and then just tap them both to the same size bolt. The bolt that comes with it is fine thread and smaller than the bolt size. this is the bolt you tighten up so the guard grips the barrel.

I just see me snapping this off again, any suggestions on this matter???

Have modified all of the Weiger mags and the Bulgarians. The Weigers I had to take just a C*&t hair off the top, maybe 1/64th and just a shave off the lock tab on the back...all of 'em go "CLICK" really well. Used the dremel grinders for the Wiegers. The bulgy mags I just had to use a bastard file and hit the top a couple times. Loaded several up with full mags the other evening and tested them all and they performed perfectly. Dinzag's bullet guide is the bomb as well. The snap on flash hider from DPH rally works well!I have about 12 more mags to do. But so far outstanding results, these mags fit my WASR-3 as well, so now we have his and hers for the range and when TSHTF.

Edited by son of rooster
  • 2 weeks later...

The Tapco Bolt that got sent was the wrong one. :cryss: So I just went to the depot and got one...less pain that way. All the mags function in both the Saiga and the WASR-3. Broke down the WASR-3 and stripped all the finish off the wood and finished it in an amber shade, touched up all the metal parts in flat black and it looks great!!

Now thinking about another Saiga conversion :eek:

Edited by son of rooster