Deffinatly buying one.

I have to buy one of these things. I was thinking about getting something semi automatic in 7.62x39, but I wasn't sure if I should get this or an SKS. I think I'll get this. What do you guys think? Is the Saiga accurate?

And I think people should post some pictorial how-to's on here. I'll host the images if you need me to. I still don't understand how to put a feed ramp in one of them, or how to move the trigger part forward to put a pistol grip on.

Welcome aboard,

I had a Russian built Sks awhile back. I could keep a pie-plate sized group at 100 yards which I considered darn good for me with iron sights. The detachable magazine was not very user friendly so I bought a mess of stripper clips and jammed my reloads in from the top. I liked it but didn't keep it long. I was just curious about how the enemy might be armed and how accurate they were.

I haven't had a chance to try my Saiga for accuracy yet..just got out for the "glad to meet ya" shooting so far.

I sold that rifle over 5 years ago for the same price I just paid for my new toy but by the looks of my list of wanted parts in the "my favorites" I might be spending alot more soon..lol.