Wassup all? I'm in North Carolina around Raleigh/Durham and visit Charlotte/Gastonia some, and I've not had much luck finding any competitions. Does anyone know of some possibilities within 3 hours of either location? The range I frequent doesn't even let me do CCW-Holster draws to practice coming up on target, and since it's indoors they frown on heavy-loads from my Saiga, and won't allow Sabot slugs.

Unfortunately, since I've had little luck finding anything around these parts, I'm not even sure what types of competitions to ask about. I have the H&K .45USPc and the Saiga-12C. As soon as I'm done perfecting the Saiga (chokes & compensator forthcoming), I'm going to begin saving money for an AR-15 .223, however until then I can borrow a basic Winchester .22 or an AK-47 in 7.62x.39.

I know there are all types of pistol competitons, but since I'm not working with a decked out target gun, a super-accurate Kimber 9mm/.22, or a high-capacity gun, so is there anything at which my heavy-kicking, 8+1rnd .45 can be competitive? How many magazines would I most likely need?

My Saiga has an 18.5" barrel, so I know I'll never be amazing at trap, but I would love to start skeet-shooting and I've heard rumors that there's tactical shotgun competitions. Also, I've seen one person on the forums that competes in 3-guns and is using 8-rnd magazines modified to hold 10rnds, could I be competitive with 8+1? How many magazines would I most likely need?

With the 3 gun competitions, would a no-scope .22 or an AK be competitive, or would I just be embarassing myself? I realize that a lot comes down to user's skill and experience, but I don't want to waste time and money if I'm just going to be laughed at because of inferior equipment: I don't want it to be like I showed up at a drag race on a bicycle. Assume my skills are adequate, and that I will do nothing but improve as I gain more experience.

Could some of you with more experience in competition advise me on what types of competitions to even ask about given my equipment? Does anyone know of a web-page that has competion information listed? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!