I'm waiting on my first saiga12/Ak type weapon to arrive at my ffl . I've already decided im going to convert it myself . So far the only things I'm sure about ordering is the Chaos full package . I want to go with an ar style buttstock & grip so what parts will i need to convert it .... trigger guard , trigger , buffer tube ect. ? Remember this is my first time modding any ak style weapon .

CSS and other vendors here have the conversion parts (and complete kits) you need.

Take a look at some of the conversion how-tos and you'll get a feel for the parts you need.

I know CSS has a trigger guard that's for AR grips.

You can also do AR stocks several different ways depending on what stock you want.

Many of them will require cutting off the but stock "tang" on the receiver and the addition of a receiver block.

Others are direct bolt-ons with no receiver mods required.

CSS and other vendors here have the conversion parts (and complete kits) you need.

Take a look at some of the conversion how-tos and you'll get a feel for the parts you need.

You can also do AR stocks several different ways depending on what stock you want.

Many of them will require cutting off the but stock "tang" on the receiver and the addition of a receiver block.

Hey thanks i went to CSS and splapped together everything i wanted to do a conversion for around $180 .................. now mags , drums , rails , muzzle device ect . My wallet loves me for keeping him so skinny.

Hey thanks i went to CSS and splapped together everything i wanted to do a conversion for around $180 .................. now mags , drums , rails , muzzle device ect . My wallet loves me for keeping him so skinny.

I gotta figure out how you did an AR style buttstock and trigger guard conversion for $180. I just did one and it was much more than that. ;)

Call Greg at CSS. He'll get you on the right track with all the bits and pieces you need to make your Saiga as AR-Like as possible.

This was the parts list for the "conversion" I ended up doing.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=55836&view=findpost&p=539254

Edited by rjrivero

I gotta figure out how you did an AR style buttstock and trigger guard conversion for $180. I just did one and it was much more than that. ;)

Call Greg at CSS. He'll get you on the right track with all the bits and pieces you need to make your Saiga as AR-Like as possible.

This was the parts list for the "conversion" I ended up doing.

http://forum.saiga-1...ndpost&p=539254

I decided not to go with an ar buttstock because i live in commiefornia & would have to pin it , so i went with the traditional ak stock. I have an extra ar buttstock if i decide to change it later , so in reality it will only cost me around $30 more to switch to one .