Trying to figure out which to get

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and was wondering what to purchase as my fist firearm: the saiga 12 or the saiga 7.62x39? I would like to have both in the future but money doesn't grow on trees. Right now I live in california, which i hate since i just moved here 1 month ago and it is going to be my senior year, but I will be going back to Florida for college. I understaind that in order to purchase a saiga 12 in PRC I will need to buy it from somewhere that can ship it to here with a bullet button (or similar device) already installed, but with the Siaga rifle i do not. Which ever gun I buy it will end up being converted and NOT have a bullet button on it.

I was also wondering if the difficulty in converting them is different between these two guns, I would ether be doing the conversions here in Cali whith the help of my dad (and his endless suply of tools) or would do them on my own back in Florida

Thanks in advance, Dave

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and was wondering what to purchase as my fist firearm: the saiga 12 or the saiga 7.62x39? I would like to have both in the future but money doesn't grow on trees. Right now I live in california, which i hate since i just moved here 1 month ago and it is going to be my senior year, but I will be going back to Florida for college. I understaind that in order to purchase a saiga 12 in PRC I will need to buy it from somewhere that can ship it to here with a bullet button (or similar device) already installed, but with the Siaga rifle i do not. Which ever gun I buy it will end up being converted and NOT have a bullet button on it.

I was also wondering if the difficulty in converting them is different between these two guns, I would ether be doing the conversions here in Cali whith the help of my dad (and his endless suply of tools) or would do them on my own back in Florida

Thanks in advance, Dave

Cant help ya on the conversion info but I have both....I would get the S12 first....tons more fun and better for close quarters "home protection"

Everything I have read on this great forum about the S12 is that it is just fine out of the box with heavy load.....just need all the fine tuning for the lighter loads....Mine was done at TROMIX

Have a BLAST.....

post-22193-024199300 1282610415_thumb.jpg

post-22193-078413200 1282610466_thumb.jpg