My bi annual post

Two years ago my 308 saiga wouldn't recharge after shooting some Winchester soft point ammo. I figured that it was just weakly charged and put the gun away after deer season. I didn't use it last year but got it out again this year and noticed that the trigger would not reset while shooting some surplus fmj. If my finger was off the trigger it would charge just fine. I took the cover off and did not see anything amiss but it would not reset the trigger after the trigger was pulled but would reset the trigger if the bolt handle was pulled back with the finger off the trigger naturally.

I took the bolt and carrier out and once I put it back together every thing acted normally. Go figure. If it gives me any more problems perhaps I will put in an after market trigger and handgrip.

Is your disconnector moving freely? Is there something wrong with your disconnector spring?

When your trigger does not reset, are you having to cycle the action again to reset it? Is it chambering a round, and the trigger is just not resetting, or is it just not cycling at all?

Is the gun doubling or more?

It sounds like either the disconnector isn't grabbing the hammer, or something is keeping the bolt carrier group from moving far enough to the rear to reset the trigger/chamber the next round.