Getting there - New Saiga Range Report

As some of you may know I recently got a Saiga 12 in a trade. (XD40) I took it out to the dessert a couple of weeks ago and tried several types of ammo. Winchester Universal, 00 buck shot, #4 buck and a few others. The only thing that fired without was the #4 buck. I was prepare for this so I wasn't upset.

9df5fa26-1.jpg?t=1292741075

I have been reading like crazy here and so I looked at my gas ports and I have 3 ports. I did the paper clip test and only 1 on the 3 was open enough. I can see all of the ports so I don't think they are covered up. I have this small 90 degree angle pick (almost like a dental pick) that I tried to stick it the ports thinking that maybe the were just clogged. I was able to push through the ports that were blocked. This allowed the paper clip to go through.

I cleaned it up and went back to the dessert today. I shoot 3 types of ammo. (picture below) The Winchester Universal still had FTE issues on setting 2 but the #4 buck and the Super Sport worked great. My only wish is that I had more to shoot. Money is tight this week due to Christmas. So I couldn't switch it to setting 1.

2350d0fd.jpg?t=1292741075

8059f2db.jpg?t=1292741075

Needless to say, I was pumped. I still think I may need to do more to the ports but at least we are on our way. Perhaps next I will try and polish it up a bit. I really don't want to send it back for warranty repair.

Thanks for listening.