Threading and Bullet Guide Question

Okay guys I have two questions.

#1 My Saiga is a 7.62x39 2008 model with no dimples and a pistol grip hole already in it. I am hoping that my barrel is already threaded under the FSB sleeve but I would like to know for sure before cutting. Anybody know with any certainty?

#2 My trunnion is one of the flat varieties with a hole already drilled for the bullet guide. I can't tell if it is threaded or not but the Dinzag instructions indicate that it probably is. Does anyone have any idea what size screw I should get? I got the wrong one from Dinzag (nobody's fuck up but my own) and it is too small. I don't want to mess with mail ordering a new one if I can just pick one up at the hardware store but I don't know what size to get.

Thanks for your help guys.

Edited by son_of_liberty

I have an '08 model with PG hole, AK handguard slots (just need a retainer), but I can't remember if I have a chamber step. If you cut your shroud let me know if you have factory threads. I don't recall reading about '08 models with factory threads, but I may be mistaken. For the bullet guide, get you a #6-32 1/2 inch long button head screw. Use a locknut on the bottom of the trunion. The guy that I got to do mine did a bad job on the threads. I think the hole is off-center as well, but I haven't had any problems with this setup yet.

I do not believe there is anyway to be certain without cutting the FSB all of these rifles are different.

Pick up a few sizes at the hardware store. They are cheap enough. Is the rifle new?or used? I don't think izhmash drills any holes in the trunnion for bg's. Make sure you check for quality threads or put a nut on it.

Edited by hutchsaiga

Is the rifle new?or used? I don't think izhmash drills any holes in the trunnion for bg's. Make sure you check for quality threads or put a nut on it.

Come to think of it I did buy the rifle used. I feel like a dumbass for not considering this before but I bet the previous owner tried to install a bullet guide. Looks like I might be riveting over some asshole's mistake. Thanks for all the help guys.