Anyone Polish Their S12's Internals Even Though It Already Cycled

Low Brass Reliably ? (continuation of thread title)

Well, the title says it all. Anyone done this just for the sake of smoothing out the action or to try to be able to insert a loaded mag without locking the bolt back ? I'm thinking of just polishing the bottom of the carrier and the hammer where those parts make contact for the reasons mentioned. My S-12 cycles the low brass bulk ammo fine on setting 2, but not setting 1, which honestly I prefer it that way. Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this since it already cycles the light stuff reliably ?

Edited by scattergun10

Setting 1 is for magnum rounds such as oobuck, slugs, etc. just think about the higher the number, the more gas will be let through. setting 2 is for highbrass and low brass.

Paulyski is offering an awesome deal right now for polishing the bolt: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=61900

Ill be receiving my two back today. i wasnt having any cycling issues. Just know that it'll prolong wear and tear. Overall functions way smoother. And you can load a full mag on a closed bolt. And it looks tits. All +'s IMO

Edited by AZG

Low Brass Reliably ? (continuation of thread title)

Well, the title says it all. Anyone done this just for the sake of smoothing out the action or to try to be able to insert a loaded mag without locking the bolt back ? I'm thinking of just polishing the bottom of the carrier and the hammer where those parts make contact for the reasons mentioned. My S-12 cycles the low brass bulk ammo fine on setting 2, but not setting 1, which honestly I prefer it that way. Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this since it already cycles the light stuff reliably ?

It will never hurt to polish any of the internals, even if your gun already cycles everything. Your gun's action will end up working better/smoother with less effort on your part. Either do a light polish yourself without going overboard or send it off to someone that has experience with polishing the bolt/trigger group. There are several business members on here that can assist if you choose to send it off.

Edited by GeorgiaPD