Which one cant decide

Hello all glad to be here..I have a choice between 16inch wood furniture saiga .308 comes with 8x posp scope, flash hider,trigger is done cant member which one tho atm... or 21inch with posp8x,muzzle break,drag stock,stock trigger... or new iz-140 comes with drag style stock... or PTR-91 (JLD) ...will be my 1st .308 i am/have been an sks and ak shooter for many yrs..gun will be used for target shooting fun and hunting gimme your thoughts i CANT decide lol...thx in advance

They are all near the same price 550-850 all are slightly used except the iz-140 its new

Edited by skseven

I am going to hell for saying this but "get the PTL" mags are cheap and its a good gun if you have the money. The saiga is also a good gun and is alot cheaper you could but two for the price of the PTL and if you like the AK platform you cant go wrong with it although the mags are a bit more money as far as the barrel length how far are you planning on shooting if you not planing on shooting over 300yds that often then get the short barrel.If it was me(i am poor) I would get the wood stock 16" model.

Edited by SCHULTZE

Hello all glad to be here..I have a choice between 16inch wood furniture saiga .308 comes with 8x posp scope, flash hider,trigger is done cant member which one tho atm... or 21inch with posp8x,muzzle break,drag stock,stock trigger... or new iz-140 comes with drag style stock... or PTL-91 (JLD) ...will be my 1st .308 i am/have been an sks and ak shooter for many yrs..gun will be used for target shooting fun and hunting gimme your thoughts i CANT decide lol...thx in advance

They are all near the same price 550-850 all are slightly used except the iz-140 its new

Wont be shooting much over 300 but wouldnt mind the capability to do so on occasion ...funny thing is the 16in wood stock is one of the more expensive guns at 750)) thx for the quick response

I have made the decision lol went with the 16inch with wood furniture and wood skeleton stock, 8xposp russian scope,m60 flash hider, threaded barrel,5-20rnd mags,tapco trigger group,recoil pad,and extra set of kvar furniture 750.00 am very happy and cant wait to shoot it ....will post up a pic soon as figure out how lol

I have made the decision lol went with the 16inch with wood furniture and wood skeleton stock, 8xposp russian scope,m60 flash hider, threaded barrel,5-20rnd mags,tapco trigger group,recoil pad,and extra set of kvar furniture 750.00 am very happy and cant wait to shoot it ....will post up a pic soon as figure out how lol

Use tinypic or something, and copy/paste the image address after it uploads. (The image address that has the tags around it.)

Here's the tinypic URL http://tinypic.com/

Edited by Tombs

that is what i was going to advise you to buy.nice choice.def post pics in the thread at the top when it arrives.

Dunno if you guys have seen it but in the new Guns&Ammo magazine complete book of the AK 47 they head together the Saiga 308 vs. the PSL. Saiga stomped the PSL but what is interesting is the accuracy it is capable off in the hands of a pro. Easy 500 meter head shots and hitting steel target at 1000 yards and that with the 16" !?!?!

A lot of times when I see folks post about the accuracy and some ranting about it it makes me wonder if they have proper or any training on shooting besides just aiming and pulling the trigger. I was way impressed with how well mine shoots, tapping 3 small steel plates at 150 meters rapidly by switching back and forth between them with garbage ammo. (150 meters because I am having a hard time finding a longer range close to me here in Alabama) I have tried it with the regular Iron sights and a couple of different low powered scopes to include POSP 3-9x40 (Just bought the third one, a 6-24x50 that I have yet not tried) and it shoots like a dream. After I finish the last part of my conversion this next month I plan on feeding it some goodie ammo to really blow the sceptics out of the water. I have been shooting expert with both M16A2 and the M4 during my time in the service so this one with a good scope will be a total dream I am sure.

The main reason I went for Saiga is the same reason why I chose Glock 21 as my main handgun, they will not fail no matter how sticky things get. I will never buy anything based of the Stoner AR system during my lifetime. Just feel sad enough having to carry the most faulty assault rifle in history around soldiers from other country's that in many cases get the top of the line. If my budget would allow I would most likely get me a high end H&K but have to wait until I start making the big bucks. (Being an enlisted soldier means that will take a while :P )

But the Saiga just never stops amazing me, the more I play with it I just fall deeper in love with that beauty.

Makes me want to take up Gunsmithing to give me something extra to do when I retire. :)

My next step is getting rid of that horrible factory trigger, putting Houge pistol grip on it and fixing a SGM flash hider for the front. Will be interesting to see what it will do to the paper. Going one last time with it in current configuration on Friday to have a before and after pictures of some targets to compare.

• Like 1