Saiga 223 conversion question

Good Day everyone! I have a Saiga 12 and now a Saiga 223 just came in yesterday. :super: I have successfully converted the Saiga 12 no problem. I am not quite ready to order the parts for the 223 conversion but have been shopping around. I have noticed the parts seem a tad different maybe. Is there any difference in the conversions? I hope they will be the same sure would be easier for me. Just thought I would check. I also cant decide if I will go with the same tapco 6 position stock and utg forearm like I have done on my WASR-10 and saiga 12 or do something a little different. I like the ability of tapco stock being able to adjust, but I also like the synthetic thumb hole type stock and grip combo price is the same if I can figure out if CSS kit will work with MAA stock not sure about that either. Plenty of time to decide on that, if anyone has done them both or knows please let me know, Thanks guys.

Good Day everyone! I have a Saiga 12 and now a Saiga 223 just came in yesterday. :super: I have successfully converted the Saiga 12 no problem. I am not quite ready to order the parts for the 223 conversion but have been shopping around. I have noticed the parts seem a tad different maybe. Is there any difference in the conversions? I hope they will be the same sure would be easier for me. Just thought I would check. I also cant decide if I will go with the same tapco 6 position stock and utg forearm like I have done on my WASR-10 and saiga 12 or do something a little different. I like the ability of tapco stock being able to adjust, but I also like the synthetic thumb hole type stock and grip combo price is the same if I can figure out if CSS kit will work with MAA stock not sure about that either. Plenty of time to decide on that, if anyone has done them both or knows please let me know, Thanks guys.

Well the first controversy your going to run into with a .223 conversion is TO BULLET GUIDE, OR NOT TO BULLET GUIDE!!! :angel:

As far as mags go I plan on getting 1 or 2 surefire 30rd's and if I am lucky and if I am 922r legal I would like to get the 100rd drum, just not sure if I am safe to get the 100 rd drum with all the 922r stuff. By the time I would be ready to by I would have all this changed, stock, grip, trigger group, and forearm. If I had to I could change the as piston for another part and I think that's all my options to try and be all there with 922r would that allow me to be able to legally have the 100rd drum? It is legal in my area as far as that goes.

As far as mags go I plan on getting 1 or 2 surefire 30rd's and if I am lucky and if I am 922r legal I would like to get the 100rd drum, just not sure if I am safe to get the 100 rd drum with all the 922r stuff. By the time I would be ready to by I would have all this changed, stock, grip, trigger group, and forearm. If I had to I could change the as piston for another part and I think that's all my options to try and be all there with 922r would that allow me to be able to legally have the 100rd drum? It is legal in my area as far as that goes.

The SGM drums are based on the Korean (KCI) versions of the Beta C-Mags, so no - if you're counting on magazine parts to put you in the clear, it's not 922r safe.

**protected static**

What if I am compliant With just enough us parts to be 922r compliant would having the "Korean set me back with it not being a US part? Or would I have to get a few more US parts to equal it out?

If you've used enough US-made parts to be legal without relying on US-made magazines, then you're good-to-go with the Korean drum.

Well thanks for the info but after what I read else where on this 100 rd mag being junk I think ill pass I can buy a lot of ammo and extra 30 rd mgs for 200.00 that I know will work fine. Just thought it would be sweet to have my wasr-10 w/ 75rd drum, saiga 12 md-20 drum, and the new saiga 223 with a 100rd. I guess ill have to do some research but after reading that one post sure did scare me away.