I am new to this forum and have been reading for a short time so if I overlap a thread please forgive me.

I have just purchased a 308, 22inch barrel with wood furniture. I would like to convert it to the AK style. Any suggestions where to start or sites to look at to help me. I haven't done any gunsmithing but I have a few tools and determination.

Thanks Guys and Gals out there :super:

Saiga Pistol Grip Conversion files

Here ya go Pennington.....welcome to the board too!

Make sure to read, reread then rerereade ALL the directions, it's not difficult but it will take some time the first one you do. Took me 4 hours to do my x39 and then about 1.5 hours to do my .308. Take your time through the whole process and you will be amazed at the change in the weapon. Good luck! :smoke:

Don't forget to save the files for future and constant reference.

Edited by IffenWhen

Thanks alot IffenWhen,

By the way that handle is great!

Saiga Pistol Grip Conversion files

Here ya go Pennington.....welcome to the board too!

Make sure to read, reread then rerereade ALL the directions, it's not difficult but it will take some time the first one you do. Took me 4 hours to do my x39 and then about 1.5 hours to do my .308. Take your time through the whole process and you will be amazed at the change in the weapon. Good luck!  :smoke:

Don't forget to save the files for future and constant reference.

*sigh*

Why people keep giving that site without any additional info I have no idea.

Pennington, that site listed is excellent for an overview of the conversion, but it is for the 7.62/.223 models. The .308s differ if what you need to do to an extent.

This includes:

- 2 spotwelds and 2 rivets hold on the bottom plate

- There are no rear pins holding in the trigger, just remove it like a normal assembly.

- You might have to grind a bulge off the hammer, depending on the FCG you choose.

- You might have to obtain a new saftey or modify the existing one because it won't block the new FCG trigger, luck of the draw.

- You might need to trim the little nub that sticks out in the new trigger location. Mine and at least one other person I know of had it interfere with the trigger's movement.

Also, look at this:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=1903

Rook

Your great. That was what I was looking for. I have seen the first site before and was wondering if I could use it for 308 or not. Guess I should have said so in the first place.

I will check out the site you listed and get started.

Thanks

*sigh*

Why people keep giving that site without any additional info I have no idea.

Pennington, that site listed is excellent for an overview of the conversion, but it is for the 7.62/.223 models.  The .308s differ if what you need to do to an extent.

This includes:

- 2 spotwelds and 2 rivets hold on the bottom plate

- There are no rear pins holding in the trigger, just remove it like a normal assembly.

- You might have to grind a bulge off the hammer, depending on the FCG you choose.

- You might have to obtain a new saftey or modify the existing one because it won't block the new FCG trigger, luck of the draw.

- You might need to trim the little nub that sticks out in the new trigger location.  Mine and at least one other person I know of had it interfere with the trigger's movement.

Also, look at this:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=1903

.....sorry..... Rook of course is correct I just used the site as a base and then corrected for the .308 I know... details details details...but in this case the details matter. Thanks Rook for the added info.

Hey Pennington....nice avatar

Edited by IffenWhen