Saiga rifles in Tactical Rifle and 3 gun Matches

Is anyone shooting tactical rifle or 3 Gun with their Saiga rifle? i've been shooting both at my gun club, been a lot of fun, but I'm the only guy with an ak. everyone shoots ar's. just curious if anyone uses their Saiga rifle in the events and how do they do and how do they have their gun set up? I can hold my own shooting 7.62x39. i usually place in the middle of the pack. Just interested in knowing what others are doing and how much luck are they having. AK's are plenty fast and have the ability to do well. The longest shot at our range is 200 yrds and the ar's dont really have a big advantage there. My Saiga will shoot 2 MOA all day long with ammo it likes. The ar's will do a little better but not so much that they have a clear advantage. They are faster on the reload, but with practice i've closed the gap enough to be right there with them. The biggest advantage is the 5.56 vs the 7.62x39 in terms of recoil. The 7.62x39 has just enough bump to make getting back on target at a distance a little slower. The 7.62x39 is considerably more powerful that the 5.56. By nearly 20%. There is just no keeping up with that. There was one guy at one of the matches shooting 5.45x39 who cleaned up. The ar's got a real run for their $ and he ended up winning his division. Anyway, just curious what others doing and what are some of the lessons learned.

I plan on using my .223 in a small match this weekend. There will only be two rifle stages, but I'll see how it goes.

Oops, sorry. I didn't see this thread was specifically about 7.62 Saigas.

Edited by DrThunder88