Future stock work and other offerings by me

Hey folks, for all of you who are interested in Saiga or other AK furniture or other products from me, there's a few important developments.

1.) Please hold all NEW requests until mid September.

2.) If you have already made any requests, I'm still on it, and if there's still something I or you need to know, please be in touch.

3.) I will be gone the week following August 22. If you try to contact me during that week, I haven't died or fled the country, and I still care.

I will be using this time to take care of personal undertakings that have recently become necessary as well as get caught up on all standing orders. I have taken some work out of the order received simply to streamline things, and it's really time to check off the whole "to do" list before adding anything more.

When I "return", there will be a few developments:

1.) I may end up implementing new policies on payment due to a few less than productive dealings to date. This is not targeted at anyone, I just need to run a tighter ship if this is going to be cost effective and not turn me into the wild Australian guy selling 303 brass on E-bay.

2.) I expect to offer more things up front than taking special requests, ie keep an inventory instead of making to order. This means faster delivery on common items, but it will be a little harder on special requests. As stated before, current requests will be processed as before, man to man (or woman), made to order.

3.) There will be a Mark II version of the G3 magazine adaptor kit for the S-308.

4.) I expect to have a better answer on some "shelved" projects, ie machined aluminum mags for the S-308 and Mini-14 mag adaptors for the S-223.

5.) I expect to have less time available for this work, so products will not be abundant. They will also be higher in price in some cases, but that will be for a good reason - I'll spend less time on the "budget" options and more on the higher end stuff. Expect to see more out of oak and beech. Expect to see finished complete stock sets. And higher prices doesn't mean insanely higher, just the usual markup items will be standard.

I can take any questions when I'm here, and am perfectly happy talking about new ideas, just need a new approach to taking special requests.

• 2 months later...

Having taken much longer than expected, standing orders are close to being wrapped up, as well as stuff for past customers here and elsewhere.

A little foreshadowing on the future:

G3 Mag adaptors for Saiga 308s will go to standing orders. The rest of the project will be shelved until we have a clearer word on new Saigas. Then we'll know what the economics look like. With Saigas getting scarcer and the JLD PTR line, as well as the expiration of the AWB, the attractiveness of this project has changed dramatically. We'll see where it goes when new Saigas start coming in.

I expect to make standardized beech furniture for Saiga rifles and shotguns with preset options. New items developed in conjunction with past special orders include special P-grips, more buttstocks for stamped AKs, and Dragunov stocks for stamped AKs, Romak IIIs and VEPRs.

Special request items will have a fee associated with them that will be taken beforehand as a nonrefundable deposit.

And last, but quite importantly...

With standardized offerings and better defined profit margins, EACH purchase will include a percentage based contribution to this site.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.