Ironwood Designs

http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDNEWSaiga_2.html

I didn't find a specific thread on this topic, but I did see that some people have outfitted their S223s with some of their furniture. The only thing weird is that they don't advertise making furniture for the Saiga .223, only the other models. I assume the furniture that fits the 7.62x39 would fit the .233, but does it require modification at all?

Also, does anyone have any tips for finishing the wood? My highschool didn't have woodshop, so the most I've ever done with woodworking was the pinewood derby. laugh.png I'd still like my S223 to have that sexy Russian red finish though. 011.gif

Probably just an honest mistake. No reason why they would not fit on a .223 Saiga, even with larger diameter bbl, I assume. Standard AKM wood works fine on a converted Saiga.

AFAIK the "ideal" Russian red finish is achieved with an iodine stain and amber shellac coating. I have made a pretty good red set using Minwax Sedona Red and a few coats of Deft semi gloss spray.