I'm thinking about getting a Super VEPR 308. To those who have bought one recently what kind of accuracy are you getting. I know its an AK, but I would hope to get 2 MOA regularly with decent surplus for the + 1000 price. I am debating on an RRA LAR-8 or the VEPR. I just prefer knowing my rifle is not going to fail when I need it. So I can compromise the .5 MOA of an AR type 308 for a 2 MOA AK. Purposes would be out to 500 yards max most within 200, for , target, self defense, and hunting. I know the newer imports are different from the older imports, and would like to know if the accuracy has improved. Also how is scope mounting? How does Brown/Silver bear work in it?

Thanks, David

I have SV but never got to get its true accuracy with good ammo. When I researched them, I found it to be 1-1.5 MOA per reviews. Some of the newer ones are coming with a side rail but others have no attached rail but you can get one separately form Kalinka Optics. It has 3 attachment points so it holds zero.

• Like 1

I have SV but never got to get its true accuracy with good ammo. When I researched them, I found it to be 1-1.5 MOA per reviews. Some of the newer ones are coming with a side rail but others have no attached rail but you can get one separately form Kalinka Optics. It has 3 attachment points so it holds zero.

Thanks for the reply. From what I have read the Supers come with the side rail. Accuracy probably want be much of a concern, because I cant afford to stock or shoot the good stuff. Probably going to be some Brown and Silver bear. I reckon if I need 1 MOA for a possible long shot I will take my Howa bolt action.