Saiga .223 Gas Block/RSB out of alignment fix

I got a converted Saiga .223 and the FSB was cut off by the previous owner and a Yankee Hill Phantom Flash Hider was installed. He put a bolt-on Ace front sight over the gas block and when I shot it for the first time the front sight ran out of rightward windage adjustment and the Tech sight rear ran out of leftward windage adjustment when I tried to zero it. I noticed that the gas block is canted in relation to the RSB. So what are my options to fix this? Will installing a factory FSB back onto the rifle pinned in-line with the RSB work? Will I have an issue with the facory Saiga handguard fit since the gas block-mounted handguard retention pin will be canted in-relation to the new FSB/RSB "axis"? Or is there another route by reworking the RSB? Also will any FSB work ie. Romanian 7.62, Bulgy 5.45, etc. or are there barrell diameter considerations? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Either the gas block or RSB may be canted.

The usual FSB is Bulgarian AK-74. Very few others will match. You need to check the muzzle area for an OD of .571. Some Saiga .223 barrels are oversized and will need to be turned down, or FSB opened up to fit.

Bulgarian gas block will also work if you decide that the existing block is canted.