My new Saiga

I recently (well a few weeks ago) purchased a Saiga-20 for $90. It was a deal and a steal, so I got it sight on seeing. It only came with one 3", five-round magazine, so I checked out EAAs website and was able to pick up some more 2 -3/4 magazines. I sucked up the price, but they seem to be really good quality magazines.

I'm pretty happy with it, and it performed rather well the first time I took it out shooting. I put about 200 rounds through it before I parkerized it and blued it. I wasn't happy with the finish on it, and since I have access to parkerization and blueing tanks, I took the liberty to do it. It doesn't seem to want to cycle as good, mainly because it became pretty tight after I parked and blued it, so I've only been putting slugs in it, and it is a blast to shoot. Hopefully the slugs will break it in alot for me to go back to using skeet loads. It goes well sitting next to my Norinco 97 Trench gun and my Mossberg 590. I'm really big into 'military-esque' shotguns, so this saiga seemed to be a perfect addition to my collection.

Anyway, I found the forum because I was searching for answers on teh ejections problems, and you guys helped me out a bunch. I had no idea they really didn't like high brass all too much ( I tried putting Estate high steel casing through it, and i got at least 2-3 jams per five round magazine..) but it will cycle slugs like nobodies buisness and it seems to like High velocity Winchester AA as well. Once again, you guys really helped me out a bunch with my inquiries.

And here is the beast itself.

SAIGA20.jpg