Newbie with questions.

Greetings. I have purchased, but am still awaiting delivery of, a Saiga 410. Apparently since the start of this forum, the availability of the 410s has diminished while their price has skyrocketed. I managed to snag a deal online for a NIB model and here I am. I want to do the trigger conversion along with a six position buttstock, but there are a lot of different kits out there and I need some advice on what the best type for the money there is. After a lengthly online search, it appears a number of companies are either out of stock or simply discounting any 410 accessories. I'd like the furniture to be tan or dark earth and I'm looking to add lights, lasers and holo optics so the gun will be easier for my wife to use (and just to simply look more awesome!)

Also are there any quirks of his gun I should be aware of that can or should be be addressed during the conversion? This is my first AK platform and I plan on doing all the modifications myself, so any hints or help on what should or should not be done will be appreciated.

Biggest thing to look at is ammo. Lots of good info here on the forum. Just sift through the posts. Some ammo works best, while others suck.

Carolina shooter supply has some great kits and usually have everything in stock. They also offer a forum member discount that can found in their section of the forum.

Enjoy the 410 they are a lot of fun.