Need some help,Saiga import questions?

Well checking the Russian rifles page of my web pages I noticed the info on Saiga rifles/shotguns was really lacking. So I though I would ask you guys for some help with some research.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/page_5.htm

From the markings on my Saiga's a B-west imported 7.62x39mm Saiga rifle with a 93 serial number prefix,a Big Bear imported Saiga 410 shotgun with a 94 serial number prefix,and Saiga 12ga imported by EAA that has 2000 stamped in the middle of the receiver.

Does anyone have a B-west imported Saiga 7.62x39mm rifle marked other than with a 93 prefix?

Or Big Bear Saiga 410 marked other than with a 94 prefix?

Or have other calibers/gauges imported by these two importers?

What year/caliber and how is your Saiga marked that was imported by Kalashnikov-USA?

What year/caliber,and how is your Saiga marked that was imported by EAA?

How many digets and where are they on stamped on the receiver?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started it in the fall of 1998 when I first got online with one page and now I have 8 pages dealing with AK stuff.

There were a couple of bulletin boards that dealt with AK rifles but there was not anywhere that you could get accurate info. Searching the posts on the bulletin boards was a hit and miss deal as so many of them were inaccurate. The only site that had a FAQ was the AK-47.net written by the origional owner and it had about 50% inaccurate info with very few details. Even the books about AK rifles dealt with military models mostly.

So with internet providers giving free space to make your own home page I started on a mission to provide as much accurate post ban AK rifle info as possible. I have been shooting and collecting SKS rifles since 1986 and AK rifles since 1990. I have kept up with the different models of AK rifles imported since shooting a friends Chinese AKS in 1987. Never missed a gun show in town from 1985 to 1998. Also worked for several friends that were dealers at gun shows during that time. So I paid close attention to what the other dealers were selling especially SKS and AK rifles.

Edited by J A