30 round mags for the 308?

Guest FULL_AUTO_990

• 4 weeks later...

So who does the M1A mag conversion? How much does it cost? Is it something that an average mechanically inclined person can tackle? I like my .308 but don't want to run the risk of screwing it up, would rather have someone either walk me through it or pay a pro to do it, 30 rounds would be way cool.

Seriously, if you could elaborate on the M1A mags and what it takes to convert that would soooooooo, cool! I'm not afraid to do it myself! Pics would be even better - if possible!

This subject has been the hot on this forum, I'm sure everybody would appreciate it!

Oh, and where to find the M1A mags.

• 3 weeks later...

The M14 mag conversion I've seen removes material from the trunion that holds back the bolt. I and others believe this is unsafe. I am working on an adaptor that basically becomes a new mag well and would accept mildly modified G3 mags. It wouldn't carve anything out of the trunion, but would involve permanent modification of the receiver, move the mag backwards, replace the mag catch with an AR type, and remove the cross post, replacing it with an external brace.

More details as they come.