Most effective muzzle brake for taming recoil?

Mine is a 1985 Si, converted to a JDM ZC with genuine PJ1 ECU, JDM dash, interior bits, badges, hood, lights, etc, etc. With full interior, crappy tires, ran a 15.1 1/4 mile. Not super impressive, but still managed 38mpg to Canada and back with a loaded cargo compartment and A/C. Bought a Greddy turbo kit for it, since my buddy has one on his 87 DOHC CRX, but ended up selling that to pay medical bills. Car is probably going this spring. It got a temporary stay of execution this fall.

Since this is a brake thread, it has larger 1st gen Integra brakes w/Brembo slotted rotors and Axxis Metal Master pads. 

**OFF TOPIC**
OP your profile pic looks an awful lot like the first car i ever owned an '87 Honda CRX Si!!! I loved that car

I always loved those cars, never owned one. How cool was that little window in the back, I always wanted one.

I had an 89 SI with a JDM B16 swap with NOS (50hp dry) and more back in the late 90s. I did a ridiculous amount of work on that car. I ported and polished and tweaked for 100s of hours. In case you're wondering I ran a 4 into 2 header with cat and a standard turbo muffler. No fart can and the car wasn't too loud. It was ridiculously fast and a death trap though.

Still got +30 mpg highway even with the ridiculous level of modding. I had to get a custom ECU setup for it sad.png Now I'm stuck with smaller projects like the saiga.

I've heard some good things here about the Jtac47 break.

My first car was a 78 cvcc, then my second was an 84 hatch... such love for those cars! Much later in life, I took up autocross and road-course timed trials, and built up an amazing 2nd gen CRX. That car brought me so much joy for nearly a decade...right up until a fire came to my area and burned out everything I own.

Now I've moved on from the motorsports thing (did enough to learn what I wanted to know) and now I have a 96 Ford Ranger. The time and expense I used to put into motorsports I now put into subsistence farming and hunting. Such is life!

post-34443-0-16442100-1419041401_thumb.jpg

post-34443-0-96263900-1419041420_thumb.jpg