Need help, greener here!

what the hell is a buffer for and if I need one who do I get it from, and also another question, what the hell is that small lever on the right side of the rifle right under the rear sight? I know I might sound ignorant but I'm more familiar with bolt action and some semi, but i never had an AK saiga before. I can take apart my shotguns and rifles, I took the saiga apart the other day but I only got half way, I'm still a greener in this type of rifle and where the hell can you really lube this thing?HELP!!!!

A buffer reduces recoil. It mounts under the receiver cover at the rear of the rear spring. Blackjack green color excellent. BufferTech also makes them and ofhers. Instructions on how to install are in the tech section of the forum.

The mystery lever is the gas tube release lever. Google a search for 'AK field stripping' and there are several illustrated sites to point out some of these parts. :smoke:

Edited by tritium