New AK side scope mount works well-CDNN

Just received my siderail scope mount for Saiga 12. Fits like a glove, couldn't even guess at a mil spacing error that could be present since my metal coating on both parts is new. Fit very tight. I am waiting for the scope rings (which I was promised with my order and didn't show) to put my 4X30x tacticle ret lighted scope to try some slugs. To take the mount down and shoot regular shotgun style is about 20 seconds, 30 to mount it with scope. Will share results of a short yardage pattern with standard low vel 2 3/4 inch slugs when results are in.

Oh yea - forgot to mention, since i'm testing slugs as well as heavy shot patterns with a full choke F(1,0) Saiga. If you don't hear back from my me on a pattern report assume that the S-12 FC doesn't shoot 3" mag slugs well and at best i'm in recovery.

I'm skeptical since I read on other forums that F(1,0) owners have shot rifled slugs (plain lead) in hand size patterns at 50yards. If safety is an issue - i'll have plastic eye shields (ha).

dog

I was just reading about this on thehighroad. Consensus there was:

1. every gun/slug manufacture/type is unique. to know what your gun will do, buy a bunch of diff slugs and test them

2. Full choke is not dangerous

3. Full choke USUALLY yeild a larger pattern for slugs.

YMMV, HTH and all that. Can't wait to hear back.

That's what my thoughts were also. As with any new gun, I buy a box of several different brands and loads to see which one works best with actions and which patterns come out tighter. I'll be shooting the cheapo low recoil remington rifled slugs all the way up to the best 3"mags I could find. Will share results - hoping the long weekend brings some range time.