Saiga 308 accuracy v. Dragunov

I have been considering a saiga 308 and from my understanding the saiga uses PRK reciever (longer than ak) which is the reciever that the dragunov rifle uses. The dragunov is easily accurate out to 850 meters (russian standard of acceptable accuracy in a sniper rifle). The bolt and other strengthening in the reciever are tipical of the dragunov. My question is why is the saiga only considered accurate out to 300 meters with a scope? The 308 round is accurate at 800 meters if the man is doin his part. Ballistically there is not a significant difference in the dragunov's 7.62x 54R round and the 308, they are in the same class.

The Dragunov's do not use the AK action or receiver. They use a unique 'short recoil' action. AK's, RPK's and Romanian Romak/PSL's all use the 'long recoil action'. Because of the greater amount of movement in the 'long recoil' action, it cannot achieve the accuracy of the SVD/Dragunov. However, it can get close and given the fact that used Drag's are much more expensive to purchase.....

I think a rifle student would be well served by a 22" Saiga in .308, a good piece of glass, lots of quality ammo and practice, practice, practice.