Full choke slug action

Well;

I did heed the advice from some who responded to my F(1,0) full choke - don't shoot any slug or fear for your life. I did keep my self to Foster this trip. I tried a long range Buschnell Sportview scope with the not well reviewed side mount scope rail (Bulgarus or somethin). Shot low recoil slugger, regular slugger, in both 2x3/4 inch and 3 inch, then shot 3" mags in PMC.

I will post 50yard groups and 100yard groups with all 4 ammo types, but I would like to say they all shot well with not much recoil. I put all the light loads within an 8" pattern at 100yards with some scope adjustment, and 6" at 50yards. The magnum loads went into the tightest group.

I next tried my red-dot scope for fun at 50yards, and my 2 cups of coffee started to show (or I didn't take the time to do adjusments right - first time using it).

Not so desireable of results, I jitterered around a pattern that barely made it inside of an 8X1/2 X 11 sheet of paper. Don't know if I just know the scope, or just had too much coffee, or was jumping ahead of the recoil.

Needless to say, the full choke seemed to handle everything without much muzzle jump and concerns.

dog

really the only thing you should not put through any type of choke slug-wise are sabots. Also, no steel or hevi-shot unless your chokes are specifically MADE for that type of shot. Sluggers are pretty nice rounds I think out of choked barrels, dont you?

2 to 3 bucks a box for 2 3/4" sluggers? HELL YEAH! as for sabots, they still "work" out of a saiga with no choke, but unless you fire them out of a rifled barrel, its overkill wasted. The round will start to keyhole downrange.