There are only 3 ways to reload

Guys, I shot an IDPA match tonight, my thinking is that if I shoot IDPA on a consistant basis I will not get rusty with my shooting and can stay competitive. So Fullchoke and I packed up our pistols and went to the match I did have my Team Saiga shirt on the one that asks the question "what's in your closet" from Cafe Press, anyway we got there and shot the match, IDPA does not allow Combat Reloads we found out the hard way the RO told us that there are only 3 ways to reload a gun in IDPA, I'm so used to the 3 gun and tac shotgun match were anything safe and fast goes. Some of the rules made perfect sense some of the others like "There are only 3 ways to reload in IDPA" made me want to laugh in the mans face. Give me the pennalty and lets keep shooting. Fullchoke and I almost always combat reload our Saiga shotguns when we use 5 round mags.

Eric did a great combat reload, here is what happend, in IDPA your capacity was only 10 + 1 so Fullchoke fired 10 rounds than dropped the mag and slid another one in and kept shooting very smooth and professional I was very impressed with his reload.

I got a penalty for exposing my leg and shooting the bad guys out of sequence, I told the RO I shot the meanest looking one first he failed to see the humor. If you know me I really don't have much of a sense of humor, the last place I worked the guys made me raise my hand when ever I was going to make a joke so they would see it coming, that really never worked very well.

Well I'm not dissing IDPA I just need to get used to the system. Always remember "there are only 3 ways to reload in IDPA" some how I found a fourth LOL

Seriously we had fun. Maybe next time we will shoot it with out our Human Suits.

Edited by topmaul