About two years ago, a couple of my local gunshops had Saigas in many different Guages and calibers and I almost bought one in .308 for under $300 bucks but opted for the CETME instead becaus the Cetme used HI-cap mags and spare mags were dirt cheap.

At that time I also saw many ads for the Saigas in the Shotgun News. then it seemd that after the bogus "Assault Rifle" ban died a merciful death, then there were no more Saigas to be found. I thought (and Hoped) that maybe the Izmash (spelling?) company was gearing up to allow ther rifles to be used with commonly available Hi-caps such as M-14, FAL, or Cetme for the 308, but no such luck.

Now, recently, Izmash seems to have been bought out by Remington. What's the latest on the availability of Saiga rifles and shotguns?????

ronvo...are you serious? Dude, just surf for about 5 minutes here....or any firearm related forum and you'll find your answer.....

Which is, yes, the .223, 7.62 and .308 are avail. Pers don't have experience with the shotgun versions but plenty of info on this site....

ronvo...are you serious? Dude, just surf for about 5 minutes here....or any firearm related forum and you'll find your answer.....

I Have visited other forums and never hear these guns mentioned any more. Does anyone know why none of the distributors in the Shotgun news now longer handle them, and also what is the parent company's (Izmash?) relationship with Remimngton? I know that tehy make guns for remington, now, both single-shots and o/u's.

Not only do I no longer see any Saigas for sale in my area, or in the Shotgun news, but I no longer see the Izmash over-unders, pumps, semi-outos, or single shots. I worked in a local gun shop a few years ago, and we carried the Over-under shotguns and combination guns, and got very good "reviews" back from our customers.

Maybe it's a regional thing, because I'm not seeing them available here on the west coast so maybe it's an east coast distributer that's handling them now, but I still don't understand why there's no more ads in the shotgun news because many of those distributors are in the east.

Which is, yes, the .223, 7.62 and .308 are avail. Pers don't have experience with the shotgun versions but plenty of info on this site....