I'm a recoil WUSS

:wub: I love the .308 round and am thinking of getting a Saiga. Right now the only gun I own in .308 is a DSA STG58 and the recoil is almost nil. Sold my Browning lightweight .308 because my shoulder was always purple for a week after shooting it.

After searching under "recoil", ".308", etc. I didn't find what I'm looking for. I KNOW that recoil is subjective but can someone describe the recoil of a Saiga .308 or maybe "rate" it. I don't want to buy one if it's going to sit in my safe or get sold.

I've seen PLENTY of info on how great the Saiga 12 gauge is regarding recoil and it's on my list of things to buy but would really like to add another .308 to my collection. Carrying my FAL through the woods to hunt just doesn't seem to be something that would be fun - unless we're invaded by zombies...

Thanks,

jAK-47(Krebs 103K - Saiga, of course)

Naa. Don't worry about the recoil. It Ain't bad. But it does have it. I was quite pleased, actually. It was like someone shoving you rather than a sucker punch. My wife even shot it and agreed it was not bad. I say go for it. Just beware, magazines are in short supply right now.

Dude, I was just looking at their sub-sonic stuff the other day. I didn't even think about the probability of recoil reduction, I was just thinking of db reduction. .. cool. Might have to pick up a couple of boxes, shoot some familarity rounds and keep a magazine +1 around the house for home defense.