"TUMBLING" Slugs

Any one experience a problem shooting rifled slugs? (12 ga)

When I shoot them they seem to "Tumble" out of the barrel. (18")

the paper target is "Riped" not "punched" with a nice round hole?

I am not using any choke or muzzle device.

Any help?

Any one experience a problem shooting rifled slugs? (12 ga)

When I shoot them they seem to "Tumble" out of the barrel. (18")

the paper target is "Riped" not "punched" with a nice round hole?

I am not using any choke or muzzle device.

Any help?

Are you sure it's not the cup/wad? Any shot within ~15-25 yards will have two holes: one from the slug, and another from the cup. The closer the target, the more the holes will cowitness. Shoot out at about 35 yards and see what happens...I bet you'll see just one clean hole.

good call.....

at short ranges mine did that, I moved the target back and it punched some NICE holes....

at 100yards I was able to seriously warp some 1/4 tool steel, even pulling one target out of the ground on impact...... I've shot at those targets for years without being able to even dent them with 9mm, 22, buckshot, even rifled slugs out of my winchester pump.... but the saiga made them NASTY, and I LOVED IT

I would expect a nice clean profile of the bullet type hole if it's really tumbling (you get that with rifle bullets consistently).

Wonder what it would take to cause one to tumble? Little plastic or twigs will tumble .223 and .308 all day long (saw it a lot last weekend :) ). Wonder if anyone's ever looked to see how stable the slug is, given that one main reason to use it in hunting is when in brushy conditions.

I would expect a nice clean profile of the bullet type hole if it's really tumbling (you get that with rifle bullets consistently).

Wonder what it would take to cause one to tumble? Little plastic or twigs will tumble .223 and .308 all day long (saw it a lot last weekend :) ). Wonder if anyone's ever looked to see how stable the slug is, given that one main reason to use it in hunting is when in brushy conditions.

my slugs usually don't start tumbeling until they get to around 100 yds