Conversion ??? For anyone in NY

I am working on my first coversion and if I understand the NY law correctly since the Saiga can take a detachable magazine I am only allowed to have one "evil" feature. Is this correct? I think this mean if you use a pistol grip then you can't use a folding/telescoping stock. If you are from a different state the NY law is the same as the now expired federal law. Thanks for any input.

I am working on my first coversion and if I understand the NY law correctly since the Saiga can take a detachable magazine I am only allowed to have one "evil" feature. Is this correct? I think this mean if you use a pistol grip then you can't use a folding/telescoping stock. If you are from a different state the NY law is the same as the now expired federal law. Thanks for any input.

Are you sure you can even have a PG?

ATF's book of state laws for NY does state that an assault weapon has to have at least two "evil" features so looks like if you have a detachable mag then you can have a PG or folding stock but not both. Any FFL should possess a copy of this publication since it is supplied along with the license.

"An "assault weapon" means (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; (iii) a bayonet mount; (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; (v) a grenade launcher"

Edited by tritium
"An "assault weapon" means (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; (iii) a bayonet mount; (iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; (v) a grenade launcher"

ROFLMAO...a grenade launcher is equally as bad as a flash-hider. Wow, I'm proud of my government.

I personally find it kinda funny that I could have a grenade launcher on my otherwise stock saiga and it would be totally legal..... hell, I think I could even put PG and Folding stock on it (I live in KY) and it still be legal, with a grenade launcher... LMAO