Hi everyone. I'm relativley new to guns, but today I just purchased my first gun a Saiga 7.62x39. I have been lurking around this site for a few weeks and have found it extremely informative. I was wondering if you guys could give me any tips on maintnence and mods. Thanks

Here she be

Picture081.jpg

Edited by MeanGene
thats the feed ramp to feed the round into the chamber

That may not be what he is refering to.

HEY GUYS, VJOR or Diznag or one of the other experts, take a look at that trunion, it may just be the picture, but it looks weird.

Are you refering to the chamber (round silver thing in picture) where the bottom is uniformly ground or are you refering to further down?

thats the feed ramp to feed the round into the chamber

That may not be what he is refering to.

HEY GUYS, VJOR or Diznag or one of the other experts, take a look at that trunion, it may just be the picture, but it looks weird.

Are you refering to the chamber (round silver thing in picture) where the bottom is uniformly ground or are you refering to further down?

He's talking about the bullet guide notch in the back of the barrel. read his post again.

I had the same double take when I looked at his trunion though. Thinks its because I never look at mine with the dust cover on and the bolt either removed or pulled back.

Looks O.K. to me! :up: Feed ramp in the chamber.

Here's a pic of a flat-cut one I played with. Same bevel - maybe a bit smaller.

Also wraps around a little further up the sides...

post-2093-1166041198_thumb.jpg

Back in my day we had to grind our own ramps with our teeth until our gums were bleeding. That's the way it was and we liked it! Now all you youngins have your new fandangled feedramps ground in from the FACT-OR-EEE!

post-2093-1166041567_thumb.jpg