New Saiga owner

I am a new Saiga owner and a new forum member.I'm not new to the Kalashnikov though.I recently bought a 7.62x39 Saiga with the 16.3 inch barrel.This one has the dimples and the "early" or commercial" tyoe scope rail.It has the round trunnion with no rivet hole.The receiver has no pistol grip hole.The dimpled receiver sold me on this one.I hope the bullet guide mod is as simple as it reads here.I'm open to any tips before I begin with the conversion.I'm trying to figure how best to locat the bullet guide hole and the smallest size hole and screw I can use.

I have only seen a couple of 223 Saiga's with the dimples.They had the "late" or "military" type scope rail and the pistol grip hole.The only 7.62x39 Saiga's I've seen with the late military type scope rail have been the non-dimpled receivers.Next 223 Saiga I see with dimples I'm buying.I appriciate any advice.

Get one of Dinzag's bullet guides and you will be able too see how it sits in the slot in front of the chamber. It comes with a drill, tap, and screw so there's no question as to the hole size. Welcome to the forum!