SBS Help Please

I am thinking about maybe ordering a Tromix 8" Saiga-12 this summer, but I have no idea on how the process works. I do live in a state where SBS are allowed (Oregon). So how does it all work, and in what specific order would I do it all? I assume I would start some paperwork with the government before I called Tromix? Or would I need to have model/a serial number first? Is this pretty much the same process as with a machinegun, needing a CLEO signoff somewhere?

I have tried a search here and didnt turn up anything. Since a number of you have went through this process with both the govt and Tromix, could someone break it down into some concise steps please?

First, you order the gun and wait 90-120 days for me to build it.

About a week before I start your build, I register the S-12 on a Form 2, tax free and send it to the ATF. About 4 days later, I have it back approved. Then I submit a Form 3 to transfer it to a dealer in your state, tax free. About 4 days later, I get that back approved. Then a ship the gun to your dealer.

You go to your dealer and he will complete two Form 4's to transfer it to you. He will also give you 2ea finger print cards and a US citizenship form. You take the Form 4's to your CLEO for a sign off and get your finger prints taken. You fill out the top portion of the finger print card as well. Then you go to Walgreens and get two passport photos and glue them to the Form 4's. Then you write a check for $200 and mail the two Form 4's with your finger print cards and Citizenship form to the ATF. Then you wait about 60 days for one of the Form 4's to be returned to your dealer. Then if your dealer is not a complete ass clown, he will call you the day the form comes in the mail and you can pick up your gun. If he is an ass clown, then you will never know that you are approved to pick up your gun, and it just sits there.

Tony

Tony,

On your website, I notice that you knock off a bit for conversions on customer supplied guns. Do you work on guns that are on a Form 1? If so, does it still have to go back to a dealer and have the 4473 done again or does it come straight back to the person on the Form 1?

Edited by macbeau