Need help with my Saiga .308 upgrades

I bought a 22" Saiga .308 recently for about $300. Awesome deal! Anyway, I am trying to add accessories to it and need some direction. I have been all over the search engine on this site trying to find specific information. Some I have found others I have not or don't understand.

What I want to do is add a harris type bipod to it without problems. Need to know where to get one and for the best price.

Next, the gun kicks like a mule! I want to replace the stock with a pistol grip style stock with a dragonov style and have it padded to alleviate the kick. The rifle has the trigger close to the stock and I am no gunsmith. Any suggestions on a good butt stock for this and where to get it...or is the conversion to move the trigger up closer to the mag an easy con version?

I am all ears on this one.

I am including a pic of my rifle for reference...

post-3506-1173040427_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site!Welcome to Club S-308!

$300.00 is a awesome price for a factory S-308.Now what you can do with your S-308 is nearly endless.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

Check the link above if you interested in doing you own conversion.The conversion is less involved with the S-308 line than the S-223 and S-7.62x39 models.The bi-pod will very easy I added an extra stud to my forearm but drilling the hole smaller than the QD stud,I had to cut the stud down so it would not protrude through the handguard.

The S-308 is by far the easiest to convert to pistol grip.

You will need a US buttstock,US fire control group and a US pistol grip.These are the minimum parts needed for a basic conversion.

Here are some pics of mine.

post-476-1173043769_thumb.jpg

post-476-1173043846_thumb.jpg

post-476-1173043878_thumb.jpg

I bought a 22" Saiga .308 recently for about $300. Awesome deal! Anyway, I am trying to add accessories to it and need some direction. I have been all over the search engine on this site trying to find specific information. Some I have found others I have not or don't understand.

What I want to do is add a harris type bipod to it without problems. Need to know where to get one and for the best price.

Next, the gun kicks like a mule! I want to replace the stock with a pistol grip style stock with a dragonov style and have it padded to alleviate the kick. The rifle has the trigger close to the stock and I am no gunsmith. Any suggestions on a good butt stock for this and where to get it...or is the conversion to move the trigger up closer to the mag an easy con version?

Edited by TEXASAK73

I used a Rockmount harris knock-off on mine

stock and forearms... there are lots of options. If you like to target shoot, I recommend an RSA trigger for your FCG.

I see you are in Houston, if you want some help, let me know.

post-3216-1173049494_thumb.jpg

Edited by texlurch