form 1 corrections

National Firearms Act Branch

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25405

If you fill out a form1 to do your own SBR or SBSG . Most likley you will get the old form in the mail from the atf.

most shops dont have the new ones as well. Unless you want it to sit for 2 or 3 weeks longer . DO NOT mail it to Washington like the form says @ the top corner. Use the address stated above. Dont ask me how I know this. :(

Also talked to a nfa guy in WV today he said a post office money order will speed things up. If you send a check it gets mailed to a bank in Illinois until it clears the bank and the nfa gets there notice your papers just sit. This guy was cool and I hope he does my paper work.

Edited by will36
Wherebouts in AR are ya?

just south of pine bluff. You know the home of the Pine bluff arsenal world largest chemical and bio stock pile :)

also N.C.T.R. The nuclear,chemical,Toxic ,research office. Other than thats its a lovley place to live . what kind of scoot you ride? I had a Independence made in AZ . should of named that company Undependable. talk about zero customer service.

Edited by will36
Wherebouts in AR are ya?

just south of pine bluff. You know the home of the Pine bluff arsenal world largest chemical and bio stock pile :)

also N.C.T.R. The nuclear,chemical,Toxic ,research office. Other than thats its a lovley place to live . what kind of scoot you ride? I had a Independence made in AZ . should of named that company Undependable. talk about zero customer service.

Tagged.

And thank you for the info.

I got people in Conway, Clinton, and Little Rock. Someday I'll go back and retire there.

I have an 03 Low Rider.

think HOT SPRINGS :) its the best place in Ar to live.

Nice, but touristy. I'm thinking a couple hundred acres back in the Ozarks with 10 mean dogs and a big KEEP OUT sign. :)

my personal check cleared with in two days of them receiving it.

how long has that been? They moved. I know my form 4 had to go all the way to some bank in st louis .

I mailed my form 4 out by Priority mail on Feb 02, 2007, The check cleared my checking account on Feb 07, 2007 and the transfer was approved on Feb 28, 2007. They must have done an electronic transfer on my check.

Edited by Banshee
my personal check cleared with in two days of them receiving it.

how long has that been? They moved. I know my form 4 had to go all the way to some bank in st louis .

I mailed my form 4 out by Priority mail on Feb 02, 2007, The check cleared my checking account on Feb 07, 2007 and the transfer was approved on Feb 28, 2007. They must have done an electronic transfer on my check.

did my 4 back in '03 and form1 a few days ago. so we will see. I hope mine goes thru as fast. wish they could take credit cards :) I would have filled out more than 1 form 1 almost did one on my saiga. seen in your profile you do Military jeeps Im doing a ' 61 cj3a right now. old tall hood ,flat fendered sucka. need any fenders or a hood?

Edited by will36

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25405

If you fill out a form1 to do your own SBR or SBSG . Most likley you will get the old form in the mail from the atf.

most shops dont have the new ones as well. Unless you want it to sit for 2 or 3 weeks longer . DO NOT mail it to Washington like the form says @ the top corner. Use the address stated above. Dont ask me how I know this. :(

Also talked to a nfa guy in WV today he said a post office money order will speed things up. If you send a check it gets mailed to a bank in Illinois until it clears the bank and the nfa gets there notice your papers just sit. This guy was cool and I hope he does my paper work.

M.O's don't speed up the process. The checks clear in the same amount of time at the "lockbox". They punch in the account number and it gives a answer in the same amount of time it takes to get money from a ATM( I know somebody that worked there). It also doesn't allow you to track when your check was cashed, to give you of a idea when it will be approved.

While we're at it:

Its not Illinois anymore, Its ATL for form 4's

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

P.O. Box 530298

Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

Go to titleii.com to get the correct forms

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25405

M.O's don't speed up the process. The checks clear in the same amount of time at the "lockbox". They punch in the account number and it gives a answer in the same amount of time it takes to get money from a ATM( I know somebody that worked there). It also doesn't allow you to track when your check was cashed, to give you of a idea when it will be approved.

While we're at it:

P.O. Box 530298

Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

Thanks , but ill go with what they guy that currently works for the NFA Branch said not some "friend of a friend that used to work there"

you know what I mean? I just talked to them today on the phone.

Edited by will36

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25405

While we're at it:

P.O. Box 530298

Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

http://www.titleii.com/pdf/010205-Form1.pdf

If you go look ^^^^^^^^^^^^ this IS also the WRONG form. Also if you go to the ATF site It will not let you print off a form 1 or would not last week. needless to say It may be wrong ,but they are still accepting it for now.

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25405

While we're at it:

P.O. Box 530298

Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

well, all I know is I mailed it to Atlanta on the Feb 02 and the $200 was deducted from my checking account on the 7th.

244 Needy Road

Martinsburg, WV 25405

While we're at it:

P.O. Box 530298

Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

well, all I know is I mailed it to Atlanta on the Feb 02 and the $200 was deducted from my checking account on the 7th.

I said form 4's go to ATL, not form 1's

You said

So you mailed it to the correct place. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

Form 1's go to the ATF first, to see if you are eligible to build said item, once approved, then your check goes to ATL to get cashed.

Unless he specifically talked to the examiner, he talked to a secretary at a desk, all they do is answer phones and look up serial numbers.

WTF on the form? I downloaded it the other day and it was correct. I can't even get the sight to load correctly now. I'll see if i can post the correct one from my desktop.