CONVERSION QUESTION/newbie!!!!!!!!

OK, got my Saiga 223, (Just picked it up yesterday-it is a Russian American Armory gun)and was going to put the Saiga Folder on it, but sincce reading what all was writtien, and having real 922 compliance issues, I am now thinking of just going and doing the whole conversion - darn you guys!!!! :rolleyes:

So I have the following questions, is I may:

1 - I am looking at getting the TAPCO FCG, and am wondering if this is just a simple exchange of parts, or is there some other modification needed to the bolt/bolt carrier?

2 - I am guessing that some kind of extra hole needs to be drilled for the new trIigger, right?

3 - where do I get a trigger guard?

Is there anyone out there that has done this and knows the scoop?

OK, got my Saiga 223, (Just picked it up yesterday-it is a Russian American Armory gun)and was going to put the Saiga Folder on it, but sincce reading what all was writtien, and having real 922 compliance issues, I am now thinking of just going and doing the whole conversion - darn you guys!!!! :rolleyes:

So I have the following questions, is I may:

1 - I am looking at getting the TAPCO FCG, and am wondering if this is just a simple exchange of parts, or is there some other modification needed to the bolt/bolt carrier?

2 - I am guessing that some kind of extra hole needs to be drilled for the new trIigger, right?

3 - where do I get a trigger guard?

Is there anyone out there that has done this and knows the scoop?

Strictly speaking the swap of FCG parts is just an exchange, with no mods to bolt/carrier. The trigger group is going to be moved forward so you will have room to install the pistol grip. There may or may not already be a hole for the PG (mine did.) You may be able to reuse the trigger guard or they are available from Kvar and other places.

Go to this link and read up on the conversion details and other useful info: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8856

Good luck!

In that vein, will a TAPCO/G2 FCG work in a Saiga without moving the whole assembly forward? As in, if I don't want a PG?

TIA!

Bill

The Saiga has a extended arrangment that allows for the hammer in regular AK position to be released by the rear mounted trigger. So you can not swap the trigger portion of the FCG and possibily not the hammer and disconnector (not sure on the last two items....)