Blackjack or Buffertech?

Hi, All

As a bony recoil wuss, I have decided to put a recoil buffer on my 20" 7.62x39. I am also planning to buy a Limbsaver, too, but that will also help with the LOP. Is there any significant difference in the performance and fit of the Blackjack and Buffertech buffers. If not, I shall order the Buffertech and Limbsaver together from Brownell's so it all comes in one handy-dandy parcel!

Oh, and can you guys confirm that I need the LARGE Limbsaver. That is what my measurements suggest, but I would appreciate your practical experiences. If there is a better recoil pad option, please speak up! :donatello:

Hi, All

As a bony recoil wuss, I have decided to put a recoil buffer on my 20" 7.62x39. I am also planning to buy a Limbsaver, too, but that will also help with the LOP. Is there any significant difference in the performance and fit of the Blackjack and Buffertech buffers. If not, I shall order the Buffertech and Limbsaver together from Brownell's so it all comes in one handy-dandy parcel!

Oh, and can you guys confirm that I need the LARGE Limbsaver. That is what my measurements suggest, but I would appreciate your practical experiences. If there is a better recoil pad option, please speak up! :donatello:

In my experience, the limbsaver is going to help you much much more than the buffer. I look at it this way, the pad is for me, the buffer is for the rifle (saves the carrier from banging against the rear of the gun). That being said I have blackjack buffers not the buffertech so I can't give you information that way. I would go with the large limbsaver

My 308 seems to have more feed issues after the blackjack buffer but I started using new mags the same day.

Seems like the buffer takes more oomph outta the action and the bolt goes forward too slowly to feed right sometimes. Could also be a sticking follower that doesn't push the round up quick enough.

The more I think about it, it's prob the mag. Sometimes the round doesn't get up enough until the bolt's past the head resulting in dents in the side of the shell. That, and I get 1-2 empty chambers in the middle of the mag. :ded:

As far as cycling issues on a S-308, the hinged piece on the recoil rod needs to be removed and replaced with the blackjack buffer.

I'll try that as I just followed the directions and put the pad infront of the hinged part. I hoped that was right and it didn't seem to cause any binding, but I don't remember ANY feeding issues before.

Run Blackjacks in 223,7.62 and 308 Saiga's. No issues. Look for a Past recoil pad. Fits on your sholder and blunts recoil from all calibers to where it is not uncomfortable. Think Midway lists them. Nice thing is you can wear it under your shirt and rather than being the boney recail wuss (you said it, not me) you'll be able to shoot someones hot loaded 45-70 and say to them, hey, how come you don't put some powder in these.