WTB - Saiga in Northern Cali

What model in 7.62 are you looking for?? I have a 308s with some BRG3 wood,factory scope, 2 8 rd mags, that I may need to put up for sale this week pending going thru the bill pile.. I am in SoCal. Here is a pic...

post-2841-1177339791_thumb.jpg

Edited by ThousandSon
What model in 7.62 are you looking for?? I have a 308s with some BRG3 wood,factory scope, 2 8 rd mags, that I may need to put up for sale this week pending going thru the bill pile.. I am in SoCal. Here is a pic...

Man, that is a beautiful gun, but for some strange reason, I feel like having that beautiful wood on on an AK type receiver is like dressing up a pig in silk.

Man, that is a beautiful gun, but for some strange reason, I feel like having that beautiful wood on on an AK type receiver is like dressing up a pig in silk.

that may be but it sure seems to act as a camo job when I go to the range since it does not 'offend the officials and ant anti's out there snooping around'. Also I am left handed so could not really use the original stock anyway and thought the original wood did not 'fit my look' anyway!--Glad you like it though!!- :smoke:

I sure do get tired of explaining that this rifle is NOT an AW due to its designs and features such as trigger group,special mag,does not have a FH,etc. In my opinion the only issue is the action but I have been seeing 'offlist' AK's sold and I do not think the Saiga is listed,I think it was GOING to be listed but since the new ban list attempt was shot down,far as I know I am still good. But any way to diffuse the looks helps. It is amazing how stupid and clueless other firearms owners can be, I get the -I have never seen one o them before!- WTH! You just sit in a closet and fondle the bolt action?-Oh,you have a SNIPER RIFLE with that scope on there'-they say 'no' I tell them that if they grab mune then they will grab theirs also.

Sorry I went on a tirade!-back to reg scheduled program in progress,carry on!- :rolleyes::angel:

That stock wouldn't happen to be purely for left-handers, would it? I'm right handed, so it might be a little funky for me.

I wouldn't mind having a 308, but I've heard the trigger on them is a little weird in comparison with the other saigas.

PS - might want to check your camera lens, there's some weird blotches in the pic :)

Edited by hpp

That stock wouldn't happen to be purely for left-handers, would it? I'm right handed, so it might be a little funky for me.

I wouldn't mind having a 308, but I've heard the trigger on them is a little weird in comparison with the other saigas.

PS - might want to check your camera lens, there's some weird blotches in the pic :)

Hi hpp- The stock is ambidextrous right now but I may have messed up when I ordered it from BRG3 because I forgot to ask for some relief for the

thumb pad' area of the hand so it is a bit funky on the grab,but I can shoot itr fine. I was probably going to ask BR at some point if he could rework it a bit for me,do a little relief filing on both sides but never got to it yet,and with my luck I will try it and end up 'catching an edge' and splitting it ....but it is ambi not LH only,I am considerate of my friends!-- :rolleyes:

Yea I do not know how the splotches keep showing up,seems to happen whenever I take a pic of this rifle in its case and seems to only happen in a couple areas?????- :angel::angel:

I have never had another saiga(WANT A S12 BAD!!!!!!!) so I cannot comment although the trigger pivots a bit 'up' on the arc of pull so maybe that is it?? It is anice rifle and shoots better than a 1600 buck M1A! At least for me!