Safety Selector Stop Help

Well I started my conversion following a guide that apparently had the safety stop on the magwell

so ended up completely removing mine.

Is it necessary to have this stop or not? Seems to be a detent that catches when you

push lever down to the fire position.

(I am waiting on parts to assemble so haven't went too far to correct if needed)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. :cryss:

I completely remove the selector stop on all my conversions. Then depending on how accurate I want it to end up looking I either modify it and reinstall it farther forward (against the base of the mag catch) or use a real or fabricated AK selector stop and real AK TG.

This is only necessary on an S-12 conversion. All the rest have a normal AK mag catch and stop already in place.

Thanks for the assist Cobra & greetings to a fellow NC'er.

Would it be ok to completely leave it off then?

Think my only option would be to attach it by screwing it back in original

position which I dont want to do. Dont have your skills!

Thanks man and welcome aboard! Nice to have another fellow Tarheel on here. Don't cofuse that with the ACC BTW, I'm a wolfpacker! :smoke:

I think I'm gonna start one of those "how many are from"...threads and see how many more of us there are here. We should all get together and blow stuff up sometime!

I rivet all mine back on but you can use screws or weld them in place. It's a little tough getting under the "crossmember" (that's what i call it) but not that bad. You should put something there to stop the travel. If nothing else you can cut a shallow notch in your receiver to catch the bump on the selector, like the one on a real AK in the FA and fire position. I did that on my first conversion before I decided to go all out and make a custom selector stop and rivet it in place.

I've even seen someone drill a hole thru the side of the receiver and use a pop rivet I think. :unsure:

I'll see if I can dig up some pics of different ways I've done them...

Thanks, look forward to the pics.

Wish I had discovered this site before starting my disassembly!

Trigger & stock should arrive by Wednesday so I can get started

on my assembly.

Would like to know how many NC'ers are here too, start the thread!

Ok here's the custom one I made from a piece of angle bracket because I couldn't find a part like that, that was not a ripoff. Plus I wanted something NO ONE else had.

post-1293-1177421243_thumb.jpg

This pic shows how I do them with a basic conversion.

post-1293-1177421293_thumb.jpg

These two are showing how to do it by leaving the factory stop attached to the bottom cover plate and just cutting the rest off. That way doesn't look as good IMO.

post-1293-1177422300_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1177422331_thumb.jpg

In this one you can see where I tried just cutting a notch for it to stop in. That works ok but you can go too far and it falls below the bottom of the reciever, not very cool that way either.

post-1293-1177422469_thumb.jpg

:smoke: